Wednesday 30 March 2016

When five became seven.....

Here we are in the middle of the first week of the Easter holidays, so far this week has involved the consumption of chocolate and more chocolate, relaxed routines (loving the no-school-run mornings!), caravan-prepping ready for our first weekend away of the year and lots and lots of family time.

So far, it's been fairly relaxed....and then this morning arrived and five at number fifteen became seven at number fifteen with the arrival of my niece and nephew.  Wow....who knew five children could create so much noise, mess and mayhem?!?!?!?

My niece is almost 3 and her gorgeous brother is just over 1 and I do absolutely adore them both; they make me laugh, they give my 1,2 and 3 lots of fun, my niece does some pretty amazing singing (ha ha!) and my nephew is always ready for a cuddle.  When I am feeling broody, and missing the feeling of somebody on my lap they are a perfect reminder.

BUT...after only a morning, I really remembered what a tough stage baby/toddlerhood was; there was snot, flying food, sharing issues and horror of horrors - dirty nappies!  

I can't even begin to remember how I used to cope with it all, especially with the added sleep deprivation - how did I ever do it??  What today reminded me of was what it felt like to cook food whilst juggling a baby, the knowledge that no matter how quickly I tidied up it would a mess again in less than 30 seconds, how you can never have too many of the same toys, and the fear that can be instilled by a baby holding a pen!!

My respect to all of you going through this bit right now - you are heroes!  Hang on in there - it gets SO much easier!!

We relaxed this afternoon with a family walk at the forest, the crazy dog exhausted herself in the river,




















kids 1,2 and 3 hunted for the perfect stick for a slingshot (much harder than it sounds!) and we discovered a dragon skeleton on the forest floor, 


the nephew practised a few steps and the niece did some more of her fabulous singing, and I made a self portrait (uncanny isn't it?)....



 All in all it was a pretty relaxed way to spend the afternoon, how did you spend your weekend, are you all managing to cope with baby and toddlerhood?  I would love to hear from you all.

Much love,
Sarah.x




No comments:

Post a Comment